RPR (Relevant Person's Representative) Service
What is a Paid Relevant Person's Representative Service?
A Deprivation of Liberty Safeguard (DoLS) is designed to protect people who are being deprived of their liberty in a hospital or care home setting. There are legal safeguards in place which ensure everyone has a Relevant Person’s Representative (RPR) to uphold their best interests if they are deprived of their liberty.
Our role is to:
- To provide continuing support and regular contact to the person being deprived of their liberty
- To ensure that all people involved in the individuals care uphold the person’s rights and act in their best interest at all times
- Assist the person to voice their concerns to the hospital or care home
- Assist the person to make a complaint
- Challenge a deprivation of liberty authorisation if the person is not happy with the deprivation or the deprivation may not be appropriate, through the review process
- Make an application, on the person’s behalf, to the Court of Protection
We currently provide the paid RPR service for all Local Authority authorisations in the following areas:
- Vale of Glamorgan
- Blaenau Gwent
If you’d prefer to talk to someone or would like some more information, please contact us using the below, or complete the contact form to the side of this page:
Telephone: 01495 707360