What Is Counselling?
Counselling is often used to help manage, and sometimes to treat, emotional problems and mental health issues. We offer counselling on a number of issues, including but not limited to:
- Alcohol/substance use
- Family difficulties
- Suicidal thoughts/feelings
The Counselling Service at Training in Mind offer one-to-one sessions to individuals who require the intervention of a talking therapy.
There are various routes into the Service:
This route provides one-to-one sessions at the client's own cost
Once placed on the list you will wait to hear from the Counselling Service to arrange your first session
Daniel Jones Fund
This fund was set up following the suicide of Daniel Jones in September 2014. The fund was generously raised and donated by Dan's family, friends and colleagues for those who may not be able to afford Counselling through self-funding. All monies raised from this ongoing fundraising project go towards:
- Supporting those who hare experiencing suicidal thoughts, specifically men
- Supporting those affected by the ripple effect of suicide
- Reducing stigma associated with suicide
- Educating individuals and organisation on the subject of suicide, and suicide intervention and prevention
Referrals can be made by friends, family, supporting professionals (support worker, GP etc.) or you can self-refer.